674 Mimosa Blvd.
Primrose Cottage, the first permanent home in Roswell, was built for Roswell King’s recently widowed daughter, Eliza King Hand. The site adjoined her brother Barrington’s property and sat across from land reserved for the Presbyterian Church. Work on Primrose Cottage began in January 1839, and Eliza and her children moved into the two-story white clapboard, New England-style home in August of that year. Roswell King later moved into the house with his daughter and lived there until his death.
Currently in private hands, the lovely and gracious Primrose Cottage is a popular setting for weddings and special events.
For more information: PrimroseCottage.com
From Primrose Cottage back to Roswell Historic Sites