Mimosa Hall

Mimosa Hall - circa 1936
Library of Congress


Mimosa Hall

123 Bulloch Avenue
Roswell, Georgia




 



John Dunwody, a coastal planter from Liberty County settled in Roswell with his wife and their six children.  John’s wife, Jane Bulloch Dunwody, was the sister of Major James Bulloch, and they decided to build their home on land adjoining her brother’s property.  The house, a near twin of Bulloch Hall, burned to the ground on the night of the housewarming.  A new home was built a few years later, about 1847, in a similar style and re-christened Phoenix Hall symbolizing its rise above the ashes.  A subsequent owner would later change the name to Mimosa Hall in reference to the many mimosa trees in the surrounding garden.

WWH Book CoverOrder a signed copy
Click here for details!

Mimosa Hall is the only of the founding family homes still in private hands.


From Mimosa Hall to Roswell Historic Sites

History Channel Logo (88x31)
 

 
 
 
 
Home     |    Book    |   News   |   Author    |  Contact
Copyright (c) 2007-11 Women-Will-Howl.com. All rights reserved.